Thursday, January 18, 2007

India Day 22 – Ambajhi & Mt. Abu

We started off on our 8 hour journey to Rajasthan, an neighboring state. On our way to Mr. Abu (Resort Town), we stopped by a town called Ambajhi, which is known for a large and well know temple. We arrived there around 1p.m., unfortunately, they do not allow pictures of the temple, mainly due to security reasons. But if I can find images online, I will post them with this blog. Our next stop was Mt. Abu, approximately 30 km away.

Now you would think that since our destination city was 30 km away, we would arrive there within 20-30 minutes, I wished it to be true. Unfortunately, the 30 km involved a SUV ascending up a one lane road to the top of a mountain top. With absolutely no guard rails, no median, and only one mountain wall to the right of you, and a LARGE GAAPING CLIFF to the left of you. I have to admit, I was so scared that I had to put myself to sleep. As we arrived at Mt. Abu 2 hours later, I was glad to have my family around me ALIVE and viewing the beautiful city of Mt. Abu. Check out the pictures below.

No comments: